Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Broken

I was disappointed in myself for not throwing anything away yesterday.  I laid in bed bothered by it.  I guess I went through my work email again and deleted lots of stuff, but since I've done that a few times, and it doesn't really get rid of physical clutter, I feel I can't count it again.  Well, kinda.  Anyway, I threw stuff away today.

Today I threw away an Easter decoration.  Yesterday one of the kids dropped it and an ear fell of a bunny.  I was going to glue it back on, but today I noticed what I thought was another piece that broke off.  It's actually picture holder that I don't use, so I thought I'd get rid of it.  As I was throwing it away I realized the 2nd piece I found wasn't from that bunny.  The bunny it came off of is still ok without it, so I'm going to keep that one, minus the broken part.  I also threw away a broken tv tray.  The top has a crack in it, it's been there.  Tonight I noticed that the metal bar keeping the top together is unscrewed, and the hole is cracked open so a new screw would stay.  It's now sitting near the garbage, ready to head to the dumpster.

The other nice thing about getting rid of these items, is that it checks something off another list I have.  I printed out some monthly to-do organizing sheets, and something on this month's list was to fix something broken or throw it away if I don't have intentions of fixing it.  Two birds, one stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment