Friday, March 15, 2013

Bad Start, Great Finish

I threw nothing away Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.  I can't believe it!  Well, I guess I can - I am just running around doing so many other things, that I'm forgetting to make it a point to throw things away.  I made up for it yesterday and today though.

Yesterday I threw away a bunch of old papers and catalogs from my yearbook office.  I know it's not my house, and it's not really my office, but it is an extended office of mine.  It really should be more of the responsibility of my student staff, however, my student staff and I really work in partnership together, and honestly, I don't think they care as much.  Most of the work they do on the yearbook is done on their computers in their own rooms, so really we only use the office for meetings.  Therefore, I do most of the cleaning.

Today I threw out two white sweaters.  Now that hurt.  At the end of last week, I put on a white sweater to wear to work.  As I'm getting ready in front of the mirror, I notice a light red stain right in the middle.  I threw it in the laundry, hoping I could try one more time to get the stain out.  I put another white sweater on in it's place.  That sweater looked like it had laundry detergent still in it in a huge patch on the side, that stretched way into the back and a little on the front.  I ended up wearing it to work because there was no one in the office but me, but then I was hoping to get the stain out after washing it again.  Needless to say, neither of the stains came out.  I loved that second sweater!  It looked great with a pair of jeans and a nice beaded necklace that I have.  I'm bummed, but they had to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment