Saturday, March 9, 2013

Things I Didn't Take Home

Since I knew it was going to be slow this week, I had planned on planning.  Most of that didn't happen, but another thing on my list was to shrink the two giant, messy piles of paper on my desk.  Although I didn't clear the piles completely, I probably got the piles down to at least half the size they were.  I recycled a lot of paper.  Some of it I was able to put aside because the backside can still be used - my kids can draw on it, and I have a great idea for making homemade recycled notepads that I'm anxious to do.  Some of the old paperwork I got rid of was dated 2010!  I know there is more that can just be tossed, I'll just take some more time to do that later.  I think I made great headway though.

Last night I was picking up the house, and threw a shirt away.  There was a necklace attached to it that was ruined in the wash.  I could have kept it aside and looked for a way to repair it, but I know me and it would have sat in the corner for months before I did anything with it.  I'm really not sure I could have repaired so I just tossed it.  I've had it for several years and have worn it plenty of times, so it wasn't too hard to get rid of.

My big thing for today wasn't anything I threw away, but rather something I didn't bring into the house.  My church had a big flea market today, so I took the boys to show my support.  I wasn't in the mood to really shop, so I think that was good - that means I didn't spend any money (at least not on flea market items) and didn't bring anything home!  I did let the boys each buy something, but one was a hot wheels car (a Mystery Machine) so that was tiny, and I'm sure it'll get used a lot, and the other was an Imaginext pirate castle thing, that can probably be stored in one of our toy bins, so that shouldn't be a space filler either.  I'm pretty proud of myself for not bringing too much home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment