Sunday, January 27, 2013

Without Alot of Effort

Today was a good day for getting rid of things I don't need.  I did a minimal amount of housecleaning today but feel good about what I've purged.

I came home from our weekend away with a bunch of children's books.  My Mother-In-Law was going to throw them out and I couldn't let that happen!  We love books.  Although I was particular in what we took home (well, my son took a one or two I wouldn't have taken) we still took home more than what would fit in our bookcase.  So, it was time to clean out the bookcase.  I asked my son if he would like to help me give away some of his books.  I told him we could give them to his day care, so the babies there could enjoy them.  He really liked that idea so he helped me stack up just enough books to empty space for our new books.  I'm surprised he didn't give me a harder time.  It was him who suggested most of the books, and after he turned his back, I put two back on his shelf! I just wasn't ready to part with them!

Our kids' humidifier is broken and has been sitting in my room for about 2 months now.  My husband and I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it, so into the dumpster it went today.  My hubby also cleaned off most of his bedside table today (remember I said there were sales circulars on it?  This table was a mess!), and although it isn't empty, he did clear it off pretty good. It was mostly filled with things that didn't belong there (like children's books and VHS movies!).  The last things from my bedroom I trashed were some old slipper socks.  I threw away four pair, I think, and I still have three pair left, two singles that I know are around somewhere and received two more pair for Christmas.  One of my son's wanted to make clothes for his stuffed animal, so I gave him a sock to cut up.  It worked great!

We wrapped up the afternoon cleaning spree by throwing away a cookie tin.  I'm thankful for all the Christmas cookies we received, but I don't need another tin in the house.

I feel like I'm back on track from my depressing day yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment