Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teddy Bears and Kitchen Clutter

Teddy bears have faces.  That makes them much harder to throw away.  I just can't put them in a trash can, trash bag, box or any place I know where they will be covered with unwanted things.  When I was younger, I used to imagine my stuffed animals would talk and move around when I wasn't looking.  I imagine you can guess a couple of my favorite movies.  Hmm... a movie about talking toys, perhaps?  I've seen Toy Story 3 100 times and I still cry at the end.  I've even come in at the end of the movie and I STILL cry.  Favorite children's book? The Velveteen Rabbit.  Wouldn't it be great to love a toy to life?  Sigh....

Well, as tough as it was, I threw away a small teddy bear yesterday.  I organized the boys' stuffed animals shelf and tucked a few in some open shelves on the side of the dresser that was attached to the crib at one time.  I was hoping to find some more to get rid of, but amazingly I was able to find homes for all of them (including Buzz and Woody dolls) except for one tiny bear, that I think was a Build A Bear replica that was a McDonald's toy won in an Easter Egg Hunt.  At one time it had a fireman's jacket and hat, but that found it's way to the trash a while ago because I thought the bear was lost.


Today I tackled the clutter on top of the microwave.  I try to keep it clean, but clutter just magically appears on it.  I threw away some Christmas candy, including a Pez dispenser, a fortune cookie and some school papers that were up there.  I filed a recipe, a Thanksgiving place mat made by a boy in school and put away some note pads.  There were some unmade Christmas crafts that were up there too, that I put away until next year. Something splattered up there too, because I cleaned the wall behind the microwave and the bottom of the cabinet above it.  Hopefully this will stay clean a little longer this time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment