Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Clothes Warrior

Over the weekend I got rid of a lot of clothes - mostly kid clothes.  As you can see from the above picture, my little one cannot complain about having nothing to wear! Besides the benefit of cleaning out the closet and getting rid of some things around the house, I made a little money!

On Friday I received the bag I ordered from ThredUP.  ThredUP is like an online consignment shop for kids clothes.  I filled the bag with some great clothes (probably 1/2 to 3/4 of that tote) and sent it off.  The clothing will be posted on their website and I'll get cash for what is sold!  

On Saturday, I sold another trash bag filled with kids clothes to a woman I've sold to before.  I've met up with her so many times that we have built a little friendship, and now I just give her clothes.  It's been awhile since I've seen her (her grandson is catching up size wise to my son, so I haven't had much), but I was still going to just give her this bag.  She insisted I take money from her, so I made a few unexpected dollars.  The money was actually a blessing because later that day, I needed to buy some emergency clothes for my son and I spent all but a penny that she had given me!

Sunday I donated a bag of my old clothes and a few other items I had from around the house.  It feels good to finally have all that stuff out of the boys' room!

No comments:

Post a Comment