Monday, January 21, 2013

Scrapbook Weekend

I love to scrapbook.  I don't get the chance to do it often, but this weekend, I went away and got to scrap from Friday morning to early this morning.  I had some nice "me time", and got 70 pages done! One of the nice things this crop offers, is a flea market table. I took a few things from home that I don't need or use anymore, priced it to sell, and tried to get rid of it to the other scrappers in the room. I had a Sizziz die-cut machine and a letter die set that I bought for over $100 but never used.  I tried to sell it at 2 different yard sales this fall, but apparently they don't go for much any more.  I sold the machine for $5 this weekend and sold the letters for $5 as well.  Not what I wanted, but it didn't come home with me.  I had a few small dies that didn't sell, and I tossed them this morning when cleaning up.  I didn't have a lot to sell, but I was able to get rid of a few things, and through away a few more.  I did bring a couple of things home, but not much.

I also threw away a lot of pictures this weekend.  That made me sad, but I did it.  I need to realize I don't have to scrap EVERY picture I take.  I'm getting better.  A few times I wanted to dig through the trash to keep something I tossed, but I reminded myself that all these pictures are on my computer, so if I really want to use a particular picture for something, I can reprint it.  I did scrap a couple of pages that had more pictures than I needed on it, but they were cute, and for the way I laid out the page, it works.

I created a lot of trash this weekend.  Between the pictures, and sticker packaging and unusable paper scraps, I filled and emptied a small trash bag three times.  I threw away some big stuff directly into a trash can as well.  I was thinking this might cheat as well as my challenge goes, but it's stuff I used up and threw away.  Therefore, I'm counting it! My home embellishment pile is smaller, and smaller piles around the house is what my goal is!

No comments:

Post a Comment