Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Greeting Cards Have All Been Sent

My Kindergartener received several Christmas cards from his new classmates this year.  I just think it was so  sweet.  OK, sure, it was probably the mom's of all those kids that the cards really came from, but I think it's nice just the same.  When I read the names of the senders to my son, he was excited every time he recognized a name.   He really wanted to send cards out as well, but I just didn't have the time to get special cards (the cards I sent out to family and friends had personal pictures of our family on them, not really appropriate for his class). The thought of him making friends and having his own little life at school, really warms my heart.  That is why I'd like to keep these first Christmas cards that belong to him.

But, it's a year of getting rid of things, so these cards must go.  Even though I've taken down all my other Christmas cards, I've left his hanging up waiting for an idea of what to do with them.  So, I've taken a picture to record the memory, I've written down the names of all the senders, and I'll tuck those away in a scrapbook that I'll be making next week. That way, he'll have a little memory of how kind his classmates were, and I won't have the clutter in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment