Monday, January 28, 2013

Conquering the Kitchen

It started with the outside of the fridge.  There were too. many. magnets. There still are, but I threw away a few that held no meaning, and neatened up the rest.  I have a little magnet bucket that can hold a few things.  It was holding a lot of things... some sticks with smiley faces that were brought home from school, movie tickets and gift cards, and membership cards to a few local attractions.  I kept the membership cards up there because it's a nice easy place to remember where they are at.  The movie tickets and cards were moved to a bedroom drawer with the other movie passes we have (we often get movie passes from our jobs), and threw away the sticks.  The fridge isn't as overwhelming now.

I moved to the inside of the fridge.  I HATE to throw away food, but once in a while, leftovers creep to the back of the fridge and are forgotten about.   Sigh.

I was on a roll.  I moved to the drawers beside the fridge.  I tossed a couple of potholders I never use, moved a couple of cloth place mats to the closet where the rest of them are, and threw out a couple plastic straws that no longer fit any of the boys' cups.  I started in on the junk drawer next to those drawers, but didn't finish.  I think I'll have to tackle that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment