Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Can Do Better

I'm going to try and blog as close to every day as I can.  I'm hoping that keeps me more accountable to my goal of getting rid of something every day.  However, I've already realized that blogging everyday isn't going to happen.  I already blogged about the weekend in a post yesterday, which means I didn't blog about what I threw out yesterday.  I'm going away this weekend and won't have a computer, so that'll be a weekend I don't blog either.  I'm thinking weekend heaves may be told about in one post at the beginning of the week, and I can see myself getting busy or out of a routine and having to catch up at other times too.  Oh well.  I'm still getting rid of stuff every day, so my goal is still being met!!




So, yesterday... I threw out a lipstick color I didn't like.  Today I went through my make up drawer and threw away a few more items.  I know there are more toiletries I can get rid of, but I'm feeling pretty good about starting there.  I was going through some old pictures, and I found some of people I used to work with years ago and people I don't even know anymore. I pulled those and tossed them.  I KNOW I have plenty more pictures that I can get rid of.  That'll be a chore for another day, but again, I started the process and I feel inspired to do more.

Another big removal today was from my office.  I recycled a whole box of letters that I had too many copies of.  I kept them because I thought I might need them if I did another mailing, but I didn't need that many.  Now the deadline for that request is over so out the letters went.  I found a catalog and a few other papers and posters that I got rid of too.  I found a new home for some old t-shirts too.  Cleaning out my office is going to be a huge undertaking!





I tell ya, throwing stuff away is easier than I thought and I'm so inspired to do more!  I want to keep going and going!

No comments:

Post a Comment