Monday, April 29, 2013

Reversed Weekend

So, I think I remember saying I was going to get rid of clutter, not start collecting more.  Well, not this weekend.  I started the weekend by gathering some more craft supplies to get rid of. I came up with a baggie of colored pencils.  Not much, I know.  I'm happy with myself for getting rid of them though.  I have nice watercolor pencils, and the kids have tons of colored pencils, so they were pretty easy to part with.  Tonight I went back through and tested all my regular (as opposed to pigment) ink pads and threw a couple away and put a couple away for the yard sale.  Some of those pads are so old, but they still work fantastically!   I also tested and threw out some magic markers.  Those were really old too, and those were not working well.

That's about all I did this weekend.  However, what I took into the house, was much, much more.  Friday I "won" a basket at a silent auction.  I paid $90 for $300 worth of stamping and cardmaking/scrapbooking supplies.  So, it was a good deal, but more stuff in the house. Some of it, like a stamp set in French, I already donated to a swap table at a crop I was at on Saturday (I put a few other things on that table too, like a couple of punches and things).  Some of it I used, which was nice, and the rest I kept.  I also spent $55 at the crop on new paper and scrapbooking items.  Sigh.  I finished 7 pages at the crop, but I don't think I threw away a lot of packaging and scraps.  I don't think I made any kind of dent in my supplies.  I also had a couple of people give me some of their paper that they didn't want any more.  I love the free supplies, but I really need to get rid of some stuff!!

At the silent auction, I offered my scrapbooking services, and I just got in touch with the woman who bid on it.  Although I'll be buying new stuff to make her book, I hope I can get rid of some of my own stuff, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment