Sunday, April 14, 2013

Finally...The Kid's Closets!

This weekend I've finally had some time to go through the kid's closets.  I've been wanting to do it for a while, and now there is a stack of laundry waiting to make it's way in as well.  I know what sizes I'll need this summer, so I started with the tote that's been in the closet since last summer.  Since it's all too small now, that tote is now sitting outside of the bedroom.  I've started filling up another tote too.  Since winter is officially over, I've been tossing some outgrown winter stuff in there.  I'm also starting a pile of winter things to be put away for next year.  The kids both have birthdays coming up, so I want to make room for that new summer clothing!

I have some more motivation for getting rid of things.... a yard sale!  The neighboring church is holding a yard sale at the beginning of May, so I really want to go through things everyday so I can have a good stash of stuff for the sale.  We could really use the money, so I'm excited what this could look like.  Kid's clothing goes well, so by May 4 I'll have completely made my seasonal switch.  I might even throw a few more things in there too just to thin some stuff out.  The kids are blessed with very giving grandparents, so anything we depart with will be replaced by fall.  And anything that doesn't sell that still fits, I can keep.

I took 2 pairs of shoes to church today to give to the service trip.  It looks like they had quite a few donations as the shoe pile was quite large.  I think there was going to be a shoe weigh in after 2nd service.

No comments:

Post a Comment