Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Another Week Goes By

Gosh, I'm starting to suck at this.  Last week was crazy busy for me.  I was up late most nights working on a fundraiser for my child's school.  I didn't realize how much work that was going to be.  I did get a little me time in over the weekend, but it was also a day away from home when I had so much to do.  My little one's birthday was yesterday and I didn't buy presents until Sunday!  Although still busy and still stressed, I think things are a little better now.

Last week I did throw away a pair of shoes.  The sole was coming off, and instead of gluing them back together like I thought I should, I chucked them.   I liked them enough, but I have other brown shoes.  Today wasn't bad.  I took a mental health day today to take care of me.  I napped for most of the day, but I did go through a pile of receipts and put them in a recycling bag.  They had been sitting around for months - some since before the new year (there was even one from September)!  I had saved them because I was trying to keep track of grocery expenses and what I was saving in coupons, but I was so far behind, I gave up.  This year I'm not keeping track of those things.  I am keeping track of overall expenses this month so I can start a budget next month.  That's another project!

My husband was a dear today and cleaned the house.  I can't tell you how much of a relief that is for me!  There is still a large pile of papers in the dining room, and a few spots of small clutter, but I can actually breathe!  When cleaning the bathroom, he took out the potty seat and travelling potty seat, and I told him he could through them away.  We don't use them, and although I thought maybe we could use the travel seat, I figured we really hadn't used it before, so why not pitch it.

I also went through my stamping drawers.  I don't really use my rubber stamps anymore, so I gathered a large shoebox full and I'm going to try to sell them at a yard sale.  I also decided that whatever I don't sell, I will donate.  I could probably get rid of so many more, but I keep thinking that maybe I'll use them.  I might go through those drawers again before the sale and see if any more call to me to be thrown away.  I found a few other card making/scrapbooking items to pitch as well.  I still have more drawers to go through.

Speaking of scrapbooking, that me time I was talking about was spent at a crop.  I was able to use up some of my stock so I'm a little lighter in that area.  I didn't through away a lot, only because I didn't use the entire package of something.  I also bought some, not a lot, of stuff at the scrapbook expo last week, so I'm not sure I'm really ahead in making scrapbook trash.

Hopefully I can get back on track this week.  The yard sale in two weeks will hopefully motivate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment