Saturday, April 6, 2013

More Closet Cleaning

I already cleaned out my closet, however, yesterday I set aside a few more things to donate.  When cleaning, I almost took out an outfit that I haven't worn for awhile, but decided to keep it and made it a point to want to wear it this week.  Well, I put it on yesterday and the shirt had magically shrunk in the closet!!  Funny how that happened!  I also took out two pairs of shoes, that I really liked, and are new, but don't fit.  I really needed a pair of grey shoes and my mom bought me a pair for Christmas.  I only wore them a couple of times, but they were too small.  I was hoping I'd break them in, but yesterday when I looked at the size, they were really a size too small.  My mom also bought me another pair of black shoes for Christmas that were 1 1/2 sizes too big!  I'm not sure what she was thinking, but it was nice of her to buy me the shoes anyway.

Tonight I went through the hall closet.  I've organized it recently, however there was one shelf I really hadn't touched.  First, my husband has a habit of bringing umbrellas home from work. I didn't even know he had stashed three of them up there!  I kept them, but moved them to better locations.  There was also a growing collection of scarfs and hats up there, that found new homes.  Thrown away were some baseball caps and other hats that my husband is just not going to wear.  Gone!  He took a few things out and put them in a bag (like a baseball mitt - he only ever takes that one when we go to a rare baseball game!) and said he wanted to keep them.  I told him it was OK, but living in a bag on the handle of the closet door was not OK.  I think he ended up putting the bag in his closet.  I had asked him to clean his closet, but he told me he didn't have much to go through so he didn't think he needed to.  Whatever.  His closet isn't in my way so as long as things don't start creeping out, I'm OK.

I still haven't cleaned out the kid's closets, but hopefully soon.  I stay on top of those pretty well (the kids are nowhere near babies anymore but I still find myself nesting in there!), but there is a ton of laundry that needs to be put away, and it's also time to start a change of size and change of season purge.

No comments:

Post a Comment