Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Avoidance

So, I've been totally avoiding this blog.  I'll think about sitting down to write, and think, nah.  I'll think I should throw something away, and then I don't.  I turn on the computer, open a new internet tab, and I see this blog as one of my most frequented sites.  All I have to do is make a "click" and I'm here, and I just don't do it.  I feel bad, and guilty, but I get over it.  Somewhat anyway.

I'm just not motivated right now.  I'm not motivated to do much of anything right now.  I'm not sure why.  I recognize it, and I'm even at the point where I think - Yeah!  I'm going to do something about this.  But I don't think about thinking about what to do.  Blah!  I really need to get back on the horse (See, I told you I think about changing), so I forced myself to write tonight.

I do want to get back into this.  I really do want to force myself, so we'll see how the rest of this week goes. I have learned from this experience so far, though.  When I see a random item, I definitely think about throwing it away, rather than not even having that thought come to mind.  For instance, I have a pile of stickers that the kids can use for their crafts.  Before, if a sheet even had one sticker on it, I'd save it and put it with their other stickers.  Now, I'm throwing it right out.  They have plenty of stickers and they aren't going to miss this one.

Last weekend, the kids made sand art necklaces.  The sand is all mixed up and one necklace was in the car, and the other was in the house.  I almost threw out the one in the car as I was cleaning, however, I decided to keep it because I thought if the kids see the one in the house, they are going wonder where the other is, and someone was going to get sad that they didn't have their necklace.  My husband found the necklace and asked if he should keep it.  I explained why I kept it, but then told him to get rid of it.  I really want to get rid of the other one too.  My husband wanted to keep the plastic necklace container actually, but I said no.  At least this stuff is getting easier for me.

Here's to a new attitude!  Let's see how far it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment