Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Ring, Among Other Things

Tonight, I threw away a toy plastic ring.  It was hidden between a kid mattress and the kid bed.  It won't be missed.

Tonight I also realized, I don't have motivation to blog.  There, I said it.

I really do want to keep trying at this.  I'm really doing well at not personifying things and throwing that stuff away.  Tonight I went through a bag of papers that I had put into a bag to clear off the table.  The bag was sitting on my craft table, and I've spent an hour or so a couple times this week trying to clear the craft table. I went through the bag tonight and tossed expired coupons, drawings from the kids and some other random papers that I just needed to toss.  After the kids went to bed, I looked at my computer and thought, I just don't want to sit and type.

Maybe some of that is because my computer is a laptop with a broken monitor hooked up to an ancient monitor - definitely not a flat screen.  It's set up on top of an old end table that is too low for me to type at, and with no room to put my legs.  But, it's what I have.

Maybe some of it is that the weather is warmer, hot and humid even, and I just don't work well when it's hot.  Maybe some of it is that I'm just not motivated to do much lately, and being lazy is much more appealing.  Maybe I'm not motivated because I'm too overwhelmed at what my house is looking like right now!  A busy life is great, but it does nothing for housework except add to it.

I don't know what my deal is, but sitting and typing this now, is making me feel much better.  It's a busy day tomorrow, but hopefully I'll clean and toss something, so I can eventually get out of my rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment